BACKISSUE EXPRESS™ automated fulfillment—data-driven efficiency.
Ongoing journal requests for back issues can be a headache. Managing adequate inventory can be a storage and production challenge. BackIssue Express™, Sheridan’s automated back issue fulfillment solution, simplifies the complex task of managing inventory.
The online web interface integrates requests for back issues with Sheridan’s over-copy warehouse as well as Sheridan Select’s Print-on-Demand (POD) production process.
Back issue orders come in from your core business system, or you can easily enter them manually. If physical back issue inventory is on hand in our staffed 55,000 square foot on-site warehouse, the order is fulfilled and shipped through Sheridan’s warehouse. If physical inventory is depleted, the order can be channeled to Sheridan’s POD production facility, where it will be produced and shipped.
Why BackIssue Express? It offers:
- An ongoing view into your physical over-copy inventory
- The ability to set physical inventory thresholds
- Order support—data-driven or web-based
- A web interface to inventory levels, real-time order production, order tracking, and fulfillment
- Integration with Sheridan POD when inventory is depleted
- Detailed monthly statements on transactions fulfillment, inventory, and order history on all titles and customers
Sheridan BackIssue Express offers standard 3-day turnaround for back issue fulfillment from existing inventory, and 5-day turnaround for back issue fulfillment through POD.
An added benefit: you’ll be able to evaluate your volume and type of back issue requests first-hand. With this data, together we can assess whether your over-runs should be adjusted, or if zero-inventory is best for you, resulting in the most efficient initial printing possible.