The world of journal publishing is amazing; there are so many ways to collect, sell, and distribute your content.
But one of the biggest headaches that journal publishers face is that there are so many ways to collect, sell, and distribute your content. Journal publishers need to expand the reach of their content and their sales while simultaneously keeping costs contained and inventory in check. Every day, we hear from publishers facing a dizzying variety of challenges:
- We need to get 50 journal issues to a conference tomorrow.
- We want to sell single book copies direct to consumers.
- We need a way to fulfill print requests for online-only titles.
- We need a just-in-time back issue and book inventory management program.
- We are looking to automate first printings of books and journals.
- We need to determine whether global distributed print makes more sense for our international distribution.
We have seen growing need for a single workflow that can manage all types of print production for journals and books while unifying multiple publisher systems to automate and simplify print management.
Sheridan Select is the solution that brings it all together. This complete print management platform integrates with your core business systems and brings them into a single centralized model. Imagine having one place to manage
- Print ordering and fulfillment
- Direct-to-consumer sales support through secure eCommerce integration
- Print file archives
- Global printing and distribution (in XML, EDI, and CSV)
- Communications, notifications, and alerts
- Reporting, tracking, and history
Printing, fulfillment, and revenue — according to your rules
Your Sheridan Professional Services Team will work with you to bring together all your data — from all your channels and locations — to create a central repository from which you can truly automate your production workflow.
Your orders are processed to your custom rules, stored automatically in our Electronic Warehouse, and fulfilled through the appropriate production process. With this level of detail and automation in place, you can begin to take advantage of a world of opportunities.
- First printings of books and journals — First printings of books and journals are a perfect fit for Sheridan Select, which enables any manner of printing production of your publications through data-driven ordering.
- Globally distributed print — Sheridan Select can direct your international print orders to be distributed to the most logical printer globally, with the added benefit of saving critical time to market and reducing distribution costs.
- Back issue management — Sheridan Select enables intelligent rules-based back-issue management, which reduces costs, saves time, and keeps customers happy. It’s also a great way to quickly and automatically fulfill last-minute conference and marketing needs
- Zero inventory POD — Some publishers choose not to produce and store back issues at all in order to achieve zero inventory. Sheridan Select easily handles orders as they are requested, with just-in-time production and delivery.
- Ecommerce POD — Create revenue opportunities by linking your eCommerce platform to Sheridan Select. Consumers purchase your content in a secure shopping cart environment and the orders are seamlessly processed and fulfilled directly by Sheridan Select’s Print-on-Demand functionality via data signals making the process completely automated and touch free.
- Online-only titles — Are you receiving requests for print versions of online-only journals? No worries; Sheridan Select lets you handle those individual requests easily and automatically. You can even offer print subscriptions for your online-only titles, if your readers want them.
Sheridan Select supports your specific printing needs, regardless of how many copies are required, how varied the products are, or how complex the order. Finally, one system for all your book and journal print needs!
With Sheridan Select, print management just got easier. Contact your Sheridan representative, or visit our contact page to learn how Sheridan can help you get started with Sheridan Select and dramatically simplify your journal publishing efforts.