Under the general direction of the Press Lead, responsible for the efficient operation and quality of the Digital H.P 12000, Sheridan Digital products. Must also keep work area and machines continuously clean.
- Read and understand any and all instructions prior to beginning the processing of any job
- Complete set-up and operate digital print equipment to high production and quality levels, including print engine, stacker, booklet maker and horizon cutter
- Perform required maintenance of the machinery, both preventative and corrective, troubleshoot as needed
- Maintain accurate record keeping and PM schedules
- Accurately communicate with management, as well as the next shift and other co-workers the status of jobs being processed
- Perform job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees
- Assist with housekeeping in the Sheridan Digital area
- Other duties as assigned
- Safety: Complies with OSHA regulations and safety policies related to the area of responsibility. Participates in OSHA and safety training. Monitors for safety hazards, conducts inspections of work area, and corrects problems without delay. Plays an active role in training employees about OSHA standards and safety policies. Encourages employees to raise and report any safety-related concerns.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to work with Excel (Electronic Time Cards) and Outlook(e-mail).
- Enough mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance to the machine.
- Good print quality and color evaluation skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Able to understand basic verbal instructions and communicate effectively
- Must have good basic math skills
- Digital or Offset press experience preferred
- Age 18 or possess a high school diploma or equivalency
Work is performed in a factory environment with regular exposure to paper dust, inks, chemicals, lubricants, noise and heat, and the physical hazards of machinery.
- Walking: Must be able to walk as some tasks require walking.
- Standing: Must be able to stand on a concrete floor, sometimes covered with rubber mats, up to 11.5 hours/day, 3 to 4 days per week, for most tasks.
- Lifting/Carrying: Must be able to frequently lift and carry signatures weighing up to 10 lbs. at waist level from press folder to workstation (about 10 feet) for inspection.
- Pushing/Pulling: Must be able to occasionally push/pull skids of paper, weighing over 100 lbs., with hand lift trucks on a concrete floor.
- Bending/Twisting: Must be able to bend at the waist, flexing knees, and twist body to perform such tasks as working in folder and setting ink. Some days require more bending and twisting than others depending on press operations.
- Climbing: Must be able to climb in, out and around press equipment (such as ladder on folder and on printing units) as needed to perform various tasks.
- Kneeling: Must be able to perform various tasks in a kneeling position for various lengths of time.
- Grasping/Reaching: Must be able to reach for and grasp signatures of varying thickness and weighing up to 10 lbs. on a frequent basis from the press folder with fingers and hands. Also requires flexing and bending of arms and wrists.
- Sitting: Some tasks allow for sitting – usually not for more than one hour/day.