Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI and is looking for Stitcher Operators. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high-quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
- Responsible for binding sheets or signatures into complete saddle-stitched and trimmed booklets.
- Operate an automated bindery-finishing machine along with the Ink Jet addressing equipment.
- Minimum of 1 year as stitcher operator or 2 years as a bindery assistant with experience on the stitcher.
- Knowledge of stitchers and binding operations.
- Able to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and speak effectively.
- Understand basic math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Able to problem solve and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Schedule is Monday to Friday – 48 hours/week
- 1st shift: 7 AM-3 PM three days; 3 AM-3 PM two days per week – 2 openings
- 3rd shift: 11 PM-7 AM three days; 7 PM-7 AM two days per week – 1 opening
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Shift premiums: 3rd shift $1.00/hour