Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI and is looking for a Pressroom Supervisor. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high-quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
- Oversee the press room to ensure the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specification and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Directly supervise the assigned production functions to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, and customer specifications and delivery requirements
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, reports, documents; compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations; the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards
- Perform 1st piece inspections on products and processes, ensuring the meeting of quality standards in accordance with customer and company specifications
- An associate degree or two-five years of related experience or a high school diploma and five-seven years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience
- Leadership ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and ability to speak effectively
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to operate a variety of precision measuring devices and magnifying devices.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, Fax, photocopier, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, use foot/feet to operate equipment, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
Schedule is Monday to Thursday – 48 hours/week