One year ago, Sheridan, a CJK Group company, acquired the former Times Printing manufacturing facility in Random Lake, WI. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products. And we have enjoyed a terrific first year!
We are looking to add a talented and enthusiastic Human Resource Manager to the management team to continue to build this business and establish a “Best Workplace” culture.
- The HR Manager will manage the daily functions of the HR department, assisted by an HR Coordinator, and will be involved in the full scope of HR related tasks.
The primary duties for this position include:
- Establish and maintain HR department credibility with management and employees at all levels as a positive, approachable, and effective force in dealing with individual people issues or problems that may affect the workforce on a broader basis.
- Partner with the management team on staffing and talent strategy.
- Recruit, onboard, develop, and retain quality employees.
- Contribute to a positive and engaging workplace environment. Assist employees and management in a helpful and responsive manner.
- Deal with complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues, providing expert support and guidance.
- Coach and support managers and supervisors to deal with employee performance, behavior, and attendance issues. Manage reasonable accommodations, investigate allegations of wrongdoing, and oversee terminations.
- Accurate and timely support of various HR tasks, including: maintaining the HRIS with new hires, changes, and terminations; completing bi-weekly payroll requirements; benefit enrollment; disability/leave administration; and safety/workers compensation requirements.
- Analyze local trends in compensation and make recommendations to maintain competitiveness when necessary.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees and supervision.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance. Prepare information requested or required for compliance. Keep supervision up to date with legal updates.
- Collaborate as a member of the CJK Group/Sheridan HR team to develop and administer various human resources plans, policies, and procedures both locally and across all of CJK Group/Sheridan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years’ HR management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience
- Solid computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong follow-up/through skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- SPHR or PHR certification
- Master’s Degree
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.