Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
We are looking to add an enthusiastic Human Resource Generalist to the HR team.
- The HR Generalist will help the HR Manager run the daily functions of the department and will be involved in a wide range of HR related tasks.
- An initial focus for this position will include:
- Recruiting, onboarding, and retention;
- Contributing to a positive and engaging workplace environment
- Assisting employees and management in a helpful and responsive manner
- Accurate and timely support of various HR tasks, including payroll, benefits, disability/leave, and safety/workers compensation, and other tasks as directed by the HR Manager.
- To grow and develop as a fully qualified Human Resource professional.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department managers and supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Regularly works in HRIS, entering new hires, changes, terminations
- Assist with implementing employee recognition programs.
- Provides support to employees in various HR-related areas such as benefits and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Promotes HR programs to create an efficient and healthy workplace.
- Assists the implementation of Human Resources policies.
- Gathers and analyzes data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Maintains employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Administers medical leaves and family leaves as needed
- Works with the Benefits Manager with enrollment, changes, and annual open enrollment
- Monitors and updates bulletin board communications.
- Support the CJK Group Core Values effort throughout the company.
- Works closely with the Corporate Safety Manager in implementing programs and training, completing reports, etc.
- Backs up HR Manager function as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience recruiting and onboarding employees.
- Able to connect and build positive relationships with employees and management.
- Good communicator, listener, and problem-solver.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and utmost confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least three years of Human Resources Assistant, Generalist and/or Recruiting experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP certification, or HRCI’s PHR certification preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.