Sheridan, a CJK Group company, recently acquired the former Times Printing facility in Random Lake, WI and is looking for 1st Web Press Operators. This is a 324,000 sq. ft. print facility specializing in high quality 4-color printing of magazines, catalogs, and a wide spectrum of commercial print products.
- In charge of operating a web offset press to put ink and coatings on paper and to efficiently produce quality printed materials to meet customer expectations.
- Performs other in-line finishing operations such as folding and bundling.
- Responsible for directing the crew to ensure smooth running of the press.
- 4 years or more experience in web-offset press operations.
- Good skills leading a team.
- Good color vision and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Able to read and understand job tickets, layout sheet, artwork, and other specifications and to then set up and run the web-offset press to match job specifications.
- Understand basic math and be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve press operations.
- Able to learn and apply information quickly, including using a computer for basic tasks.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Schedule is Monday to Thursday – 48 hours/week
- 4 PM to 4 AM
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Night shift premium: $1.00/hour