Sheridan Ohio (Sheridan OH) was founded in 1985 in Brimfield, OH as The Press of Ohio. We were well known as a high-caliber print provider to the healthcare, education, biotech, and industrial vertical markets. Our reputation for embracing new technologies and developing sophisticated system controls rivaled our obsessive approach to customer care.
Troubleshoot and identify electrical and mechanical problems. Repair complex electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment. Utilize multi-skilled approach to problem solving and testing equipment and diagrams to isolate problems. Understand and utilize a wide array of tools and equipment. Welding and fabrication is a plus.
- Identify faults or problems in equipment/machinery.
- Diagnosing problems in a physical process.
- Identify faults in equipment.
- Critically examining information for accuracy/quality.
- Analyzing numerical and written information.
- Repairing machinery or equipment in a timely fashion.
- Regular checking of machinery for maintenance.
- Connecting or wiring electrical apparatus in sequence and also running conduit.
- Using precision tools or instruments (e.g., engraving).
- Using hand-held power machinery.
- Generating solutions to problems with equipment.
- Suggesting new solutions to production problems.
- Finding ways to improve efficiency of an operation.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Experience in maintenance and equipment installation, including high voltage electricity and/or electronics.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of previous experience working on similar electrical, electron and mechanical equipment
- Possess Technical Skills to complete both Mechanical and Electrical repairs.
- Ability to read both Mechanical and Electrical Drawings.
- Knowledge of electrical codes and PLC’s (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of pneumatics’ and hydraulics is a plus.
- Able to follow instructions and make decisions.
- Must be proven self-starter to complete projects/work orders.
- Must work well with others
- Must be flexible and open to change when needed
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- The ability 12 hour shifts
Schedule: Modified Shifts: 34.5/46 hours
Front Half Days (FHD)
Fron Half Nights (FHN)
Back Half Days (BHD)
Back Half Nights (BHN)
- FHD: 7am – 7pm: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, e/oWednesday
- FHN: 7pm – 7am: Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night and e/o Saturday night
- BHD: 7am – 7pm: e/oWednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- BHN: 7pm – 7am: Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night and e/o Saturday night
- Overtime pays time and a half after working 40 hours within the work week
- Shift premium: $1.00 for working 2nd shift, 3rd shift and over night shifts.