Sheridan Ohio (Sheridan OH) was founded in 1985 in Brimfield, OH as The Press of Ohio. We were well known as a high-caliber print provider to the healthcare, education, biotech, and industrial vertical markets. Our reputation for embracing new technologies and developing sophisticated system controls rivaled our obsessive approach to customer care.
In addition to completing repairs and projects as needed, you will be responsible for coordinating the daily activities that are required to complete the repairs, PMs, and projects on all the production equipment and facility. Other responsibilities include but not limited to…
- Complete repairs and projects as needed while attending to the Lead person’s responsibilities.
- Coordinate the daily activities that are required to complete the repairs, PM’s and projects on the production equipment for the other members on the crew.
- Provide information between shifts.
- Make necessary telephone calls as needed.
- Provide an atmosphere that fosters the Maintenance Work Guidelines for all the repairs and projects.
- Assist with weekend breakdowns, repairs and installations.
- Provide coverage for the department for the Sr. Maintenance or the Manager in their plant absence.
- Monitor and maintain the organization of the parts storage areas.
- Assist in providing correct part numbers and ordering information as needed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist in maintaining the PM Program.
- Be the coordinator for major repairs and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in maintenance and equipment installation, including high voltage electricity and/or electronics.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staffing to coordinate the completion of work as needed through the skills and talents of all the Maintenance Technicians.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of previous experience working on similar electrical, electron and mechanical equipment
- Possess Technical Skills to complete both Mechanical and Electrical repairs.
- Ability to read both Mechanical and Electrical Drawings.
- Able to follow instructions and make decisions.
- Must be proven self-starter to complete projects/work orders.
- Must work well with others
- Must be flexible and open to change when needed
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- The ability 12 hour shifts
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical codes and PLC’s (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of pneumatics’ and hydraulics is a plus.
Schedule: Modified Shifts: 34.5/46 hours
Front Half Days (FHD)
Back Half Days (BHD)
- FHD: 7am – 7pm: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, e/oWednesday
- BHD: 7am – 7pm: e/oWednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Overtime pays time and a half after working 40 hours within the work week
- Shift premium: $1.00 for working 2nd shift, 3rd shift and over night shifts.