Sheridan’s roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793 as part of Dartmouth College, but that doesn’t make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you’ll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard.
The Advanced Stockroom Attendant will perform all duties necessary to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the warehouse and mix small batch matched color inks and dispose of department generated chemical wastes.
- Receive and store all material coming into the warehouse.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Maintain location directories.
- Check the daily press schedule to ensure adequate stock for upcoming demands.
- Supply all departments with material requested from stockroom.
- Supply stock to web and sheetfed presses.
- Operate all material handling equipment.
- Mix required materials.
- Maintain ink formula files.
- Proof mixed inks for color approval.
- Estimate ink usage requirements.
- Select appropriate ink system to match end use requirements.
- Maintain web ink usage and clingage records.
- Complete and file required documentation for disposal of departmental hazardous waste.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- At least 6 months previous experience operating a forklift required.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of color theory, subtractive color mixing experience.
- Able to prioritize workload
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is Sunday – Wednesday, 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Night shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!