Sheridan’s roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn’t make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you’ll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard. The content we produce and the technology solutions we provide reach all corners of the world. At our core, we are more than just printers of world-class publications, we are a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than ourselves.
- Order, inspect, mount, and effectively splice paper while maintaining adequate levels of supplies and solutions throughout production periods.
- Verify correct basis of weight and stock of paper to be used. Inspect paper for defects and record data on appropriate reports.
- Verify 3-way match & assist with web ups.
- Prepare press for running conditions & adjust web for correct position.
- Maintain ink and working supply levels. Sample fountain solution as required.
- Operate plate bender.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience related to the position/equipment or sufficient cross-training time working as a Roll Tender on comparable equipment.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Pass company color perception test.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is Sunday – Wednesday, 7 PM to 7 AM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Night shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!