Sheridan’s roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn’t make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you’ll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard.
- Fill in for roles of Entry-Level Machine Operator, Roll Tender, Feeder Operator, or Advanced Stockroom Attendant as assigned.
- Entry-Level Machine Operator:
- Program and operate log bundler, palletizer, log crane, and stacker with the goal of delivering good signatures stacked or logged in accordance with Finishing guidelines to the staging area.
- Roll Tender:
- Order, inspect, mount, and effectively splice paper while maintaining adequate levels of supplies and solutions throughout production periods.
- Feeder Operator:
- Assist Press Operator in achieving Department standards with respect to product quality, productivity, maintenance, production reporting and safety.
- Advanced Stockroom Attendant:
- Perform all duties necessary to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the warehouse and mix small batch matched color inks and dispose of department generated chemical wastes.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- At least 6 months previous experience operating a forklift required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!