Sheridan’s roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn’t make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you’ll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard.
- Complete all designated or assigned maintenance or repair of production equipment and building systems of moderate to high degree of complexity, on an independent basis, and will be proficient in at least one building trade or function.
- Develop, maintain, and perform preventive maintenance tasks for areas of building and machine responsibility.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic issues on a variety of equipment.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service, and parts manuals.
- Design and fabricate parts as necessary for both machine repair and tooling construction.
- Able to use mills, drills, lathes, welders, torches, presses and various hand tools.
- Utilize Computer Maintenance Management System to prioritize workload and document work performed.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to diagnose and make complex repairs on equipment.
- General knowledge of all building trades.
- Good interpersonal skills required/team player.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime or be on emergency call as needed.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is Friday – Sunday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra shift differential!
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!