Sheridan NH has operated in Hanover, New Hampshire, for more than 200 years. It is a full web printer exclusively dedicated to printing short run publications, journals and catalogs on full-size web presses.
- Assist Press Operator in achieving Department standards with respect to product quality, productivity, maintenance, production reporting and safety.
- Perform required pre-make ready I, press make-ready, & feeder make-ready procedures.
- Document paper consumption.
- Prepare paper loads for back-up printing.
- Maintain consumable supplies press inventory.
- Maintain proper solution levels.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 20 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. frequently, and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking, handling, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, sitting, crouching, and crawling required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Pass Dartmouth Printing Company color perception test.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, exposure to non-toxic chemicals & inks with splash risk, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection, eye protection, and safety shoes.
Schedule is 2 days on / 2 days off, 7 AM to 7 PM – 36 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 36 hours per week
- Day shift pays an extra 11%!
- Eligible for $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!