Sheridan’s roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn’t make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you’ll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard. The content we produce and the technology solutions we provide reach all corners of the world. At our core, we are more than just printers of world-class publications, we are a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than ourselves.
- Responsible for bale room duties, operate and maintain bale room equipment, and perform all bale room waste handling duties as required.
- Operate and maintain bale room and equipment.
- Perform bale room PM tasks.
- Collect all waste magazines throughout the plant and dispose as required.
- Collect and bale all corrugated cardboard for recycling.
- Collect and prepare various plastics for recycling.
- Inventory bale room and janitorial supplies.
- Shred solid waste and other waste as required.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed/team player.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 50 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing required.
- Frequent walking and stooping required.
- Occasional sitting, crouching, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM – 40 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week