Sheridan, part of CJK Group, is a large manufacturer with locations across the U.S. is seeking a motivated individual to join our growing Company and Finance Team at the corporate office in Brainerd, MN. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for all accounting and financial reporting functions for up to six of our manufacturing companies. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the accounting functions from daily activities through month end consolidation of financial statements. The Corporate Controller will be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to create consistency, resolve issues and advance the efficiency of the finance team throughout the entire organization.
- Review annual budgets and projections, analyze and recommend areas for improvement or adjustment.
- Consolidate multiple entities, including proforma preparation of financial information related to acquisition targets
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Review and preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process and prepare financial analysis reporting summary
- Review monthly consolidation of all entities and prepare analysis for lender and executive team
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Manage all treasury functions
- Preparation of quarterly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Manage foreign team activities for extension of credit and collection of receivables
- Support for completion of tax returns and audits.
- Assist Tax Manager in sales tax software implementation and reporting.
- Engage in and manage special projects across the platform.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in business administration with an emphasis in accounting
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector
- 4+ years’ experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- National accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required