Sheridan MI has operated in Chelsea, Michigan, for more than 70 years of service to the book publishing industry. Our customers depend on us to covert their ideas into one of the most important inventions man ever made, a book of printed words.
- Assist operator in production and maintenance of machine and learn machine operation.
- Learn printing technique and eventually become an operator.
- Check work that is coming off machine and be sure all scrap is thrown out.
- Set up Stacker and Bundler to send neat and well marked bundles to Bindery.
- See that all skids are safely stacked and wrapped before leaving Press area.
- Read job jacket and verify the product has right paper, bind type, ink color and run lengths.
- Ensure quality process.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
- Ability to lift cartons up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
Schedule is Monday to Friday, 2nd shift, 3p-11p, 3rd Shift- 11p-7am
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- 2nd & 3rd shift pays an extra 8% on hours worked