Sheridan MI has operated in Chelsea, Michigan, for more than 70 years of service to the book publishing industry. Our customers depend on us to covert their ideas into one of the most important inventions man ever made, a book of printed words.
- Read and understand work order and verify the product has right paper, bind type, ink color and run lengths.
- Learn all phases of the press operation
- Understand paper – weights, ppi, size, grain, coating, marking and storage
- Perform all preventive maintenance on assigned press.
- Assist maintenance personnel with machine repair
- Set up and monitor feeder for smooth operation and proper registration of sheets
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
- Ability to lift cartons up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
Schedule is Monday to Friday, 3 PM to 11 PM, 11 PM to 7 AM – 40 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Night shift pays an extra 8% on hours worked