The main job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Read job ticket and print out instructions.
- Sets up and operates machine which trims books on 3 sides.
- Makes mechanical adjustments to machine to accommodate varying book sizes.
- Ensures quality by continuously monitoring: Squareness of book, size of book, and edges are smooth with no knife marks.
- Continuously controls product waste by monitoring: Downtime, and excessive bad trimmed product.
- Ensures that your crew is made aware of quality standards.
- Leads crew by exhibiting proper leadership and continually trains crew.
- Ensures that each person in the crew is performing his job properly in a safe and efficient manner and can perform the duties of his peers and counterparts.
- Maintains proper records including Downtime, and Job report.
- The individual must be able to read a ruler in standard and metric.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Previous Trimmer experience preferred but not required.
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.