The Sheetfed Press Operator will manage the print process and crew. This position is responsible for set up and operation of Press equipment (8-unit Kamori w/UV coater) to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping the press maintained mechanically through preventative maintenance procedures.
- Plans and organizes the job by reviewing schedule and job ticket, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records
- Monitors quality of product produced
- Maintains register and compensation, identifying and correcting any issues on press
- Efficiently operates equipment with tasks that include press computers, units, and auxiliary equipment
- Keeps work area clean
- Trains new hires on the sheetfed press operation
- Able to match the supplied color proof or pantone book
- Able to utilize the computer to ensure quality of product
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience as a Sheetfed Operator
- Able to accurately identify color defects on product
- Basic mechanical aptitude
What's in it for YOU?
- On-the-job training programs through Sheridan Academy.
- Career advancement with an employer who supports your development.
- Tuition reimbursement for approved coursework.
- A best-workplace culture that fosters life-long friendships and encourages fun.
- A successful and growing industry-leading company.
- An employee referral program that pays you money.
- A variety of shift and schedule options.
- Paid vacation & holidays.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision.
- Teladoc – convenient no- or low-cost medical services.
- Confidential and free EAP program for wellness and mental health.
- Company-paid basic life, AD&D, and short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- A safe, values-based company that acts with integrity and respect for all.
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.