To plan, lead and coordinate all operational functions in the press department through daily management key result measures to positively impact performance. Key result measures include but are not limited to cost control, productivity, waste, quality, safety, housekeeping, maintenance, strict adherence to planned customer schedules and training.
- High School diploma and Associate Degree in Graphic Arts, Business, or Industrial Management or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in Heatset Web Offset Press Operations
- Must have digital web press experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve broad, strategic problems.
- Must be able to facilitate team meetings where participants possess wide ranges of experience, education and technical ability.
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities.
- Flexible to work various shiftsincluding weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be competent in use of personal computers.
- Knowledge of Windows, word processing applications, database queries and tables, and, spreadsheet formulas and functions.
- Must possess knowledge of specific software, which at a minimum shall be Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly adapt to process control software will be expected, i.e.; shop floor data collection systems, e-mail applications, corrective action / Problem Management Systems, Quad Tech Color Control sytem, and Statistica integrated statistical software.
- B.S. Degree in Graphic Arts, B.A.Degree in Business, Industrial Management or related field
- Experience in other Graphic Arts technical processes will be considered a plus, print quality control, offset press chemistry or paper manufacture, and / or finishing bindery processes.