- Operate and maintain the machine to meet production standards, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Analyze and interpret job jackets to thoroughly understand the needs of the customer; communicating those instructions to crew members
- Machine set up and operation including the fine tuning of pockets and other machine areas to ensure minimal drops and stops during operation, and a smooth and trouble-free production run
- Give direction to machine crew through production and down time. Provide leadership when necessary
- Constantly monitor quality of finished product to ensure customer’s satisfaction
- Responsible for general preventative maintenance and inspection of machine as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in manufacturing
- Must be mechanically inclined with good math skills
- Strong knowledge of computer-controlled machinery in a production environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Bindery materials, supplies, and Job Jacket administration skills
- One-year general Bindery experience is preferred
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc – convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.