The primary function of this position is to operate and keep supplied a machine that gathers individual sigs into a correctly sequenced book ready for the binding operation.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Setup, adjust, tend, and/oversee the gathering machine.
- Breakdown stacks, stage sigs ready for use on the gatherer.
- Stage stacks of sigs and insert sigs into appropriate pockets (collate) to be gathered into a book.
- Monitor and tend the operation of the machine.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in manufacturing
- Must be mechanically inclined with good math skills
- Strong knowledge of computer-controlled machinery in a production environment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Bindery materials, supplies, and Job Jacket administration skills
- One-year general Bindery experience is preferred