The Digital Press Operator sets up and operates Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and assisting in keeping press maintained mechanically along with extensive preventive maintenance. Assists with any tasks that support safety, quality, production, standard work and improvements in the manufacturing process.
The main duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Assume full responsibility of operating and maintaining a Digital Press.
- Read and understand process flag, workflow, and any other job instructions before loading a job for printing.
- Use a computer at an intermediate-to-advanced level for daily job operations.
- Process all related work and instructions by using electronic methods.
- Ensure quality product from the press before moving product to finishing location.
- Meet schedules and production goals.
- Perform minor repairs and all major adjustments of assigned press.
- Train other personnel as instructed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be able to accurately identify quality detects on product
- Able to utilize the computer to ensure quality of product
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Mechanical skills