At Sheridan, we have deep roots in the book, journal, magazine, and catalog markets we serve, and our seasoned experts are not only knowledgeable about the conventions of these industries, but also their exciting new frontiers. Sheridan KY is one of nine Sheridan locations, as part of the CJK Group, and has been known for its superior book production since its beginnings. Specializing in hardcover books, we also produce softcover books as well as other publication types and serve many high-profile publishing houses in the areas of trade books, educational textbooks, children’s books, and scientific/technical books. Located in Versailles, we are one of the largest book manufacturing plants in the country.
We are seeking an Account Manager to serve as a liaison between internal and external customers, especially pertaining to managing schedules, maintaining excellent communications/relationship with customers, and monitoring / responding to feedback. Serves as the focal point of communication between sales representatives/customers and manufacturing to ensure that each job is produced efficiently and to customer specifications.
- Understanding customer nuances, effectively represents them within the organization; communicates with internal departments; resolves customer concerns.
- Accurately reviews, interprets and communicates all incoming instructions from customers to internal departments to ensure that high-quality products and services are delivered and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Collaborates with the sales force in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with customers including preparing for and attending customer visits, identifying and communicating new opportunities to Sales Rep and Customer Service Manager.
- Requests estimates and accurately quotes prices to customer based on estimating proposal. Ensures customer prices are accurately recorded including additional costs associated with each product/service.
- Maintains and distributes various reports for the customer.
- Establishes and maintains detailed and accurate current records and specifications for all customers.
- Continues to develop knowledge of all products and services as printing technology changes with market demands.
- Proactively guides customers through production workflow, educate and recommend enhancements.
- Provides backup assistance in the event of absence, vacation or workload imbalance.
- Acknowledges all customer inquiries immediately and respond as soon as resolution is available.
- Provides accurate projections of incoming work for scheduling and finance purposes.
- Follows all required safety procedures such as: PPE’s, Ergonomics, etc.
- Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and handle highly confidential information in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-team environment and multitask.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office (Outlook, MS Word, and Excel).
- Ability to independently manage a full workload.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years of experience in Customer Service or Account Management.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Frequently sitting with intermittent, standing and traveling through facility to deliver job jackets to other departments.