According to VoucherCloud, 82% of online shoppers used 66 million coupons in 2013, numbers which continued to grow in 2015. Some of the benefits of coupons include promoting new products, attracting new customers, encouraging existing customers to return, and rewarding members for their loyalty.
Coupon use is important to the success of eCommerce and their applications are endless. Here are the top 7 ways publishers leveraging Sheridan’s eCommerce solutions are using digital coupons.
- Automatically send first time customers a coupon after purchase to encourage future visits.
- Sell gift certificates in the form of useable coupons.
- Offer reduced rates to members, authors, etc.
- Offer reduced rates or free copies at conferences and speaking engagements.
- Offer free or discounted teacher or exam copies.
- Automatically apply discounts to the shopping cart when predetermined criteria have been met – such as buy six products and receive a 10% discount.
- Automatically send coupons to purchasers of a particular product for a companion product.
For more great ideas on how digital coupons can be used, promoted, and why people love em’, check out VoucherCloud’s cool infographic.
Direct to consumer print and electronic sales made easy
Discover how Sheridan empowers your to reach consumers directly and easily through a fully hosted and branded eCommerce platform by watching this short video