Get to know Sheridan—who, what, where.
Humble beginnings mark our origins. Be it a turn-of-the-century small business idea, a family venture started by husband and wife, or as the printing arm of a fabled eighteenth century university, each of our print facilities shares a proud heritage and an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to this day to serve our customers to the utmost. It’s what unites us and has allowed us to grow into a respected print and electronic content provider to the book, scholarly journal, niche magazine, and catalog publishing industries.
Sheridan is committed to helping you meet reader expectations, reach new audiences, and create revenue streams. We’re proud to partner with book, journal, magazine, and catalog publishers around the U.S. and across the globe. As part of CJK Group, we have the resources to provide the highest quality printing and publishing services—and second-to-none customer service. Supporting that service are powerful workflows and solutions that dramatically streamline processes for you, saving costs and increasing revenue.
Ideas Delivered—For Generations.
Sheridan isn’t the new kid on the block. Our roots in the book, journal, magazine, and catalog markets date back centuries. Although we’ve been around for generations, there’s nothing old-fashioned about Sheridan.
Unlike most print companies, we boast over a millennium of cumulative experience providing smart, friendly, and expert service that evolves as the industry changes. We’re driven to grow our services to help make your publishing job easier, more productive, and profitable. That’s how we stay current with equipment, resources, and technology, and offer everything from traditional printing services to the latest innovations in electronic media.
Our service offerings are comprehensive and include content preparation, production workflows, print products, electronic products, eCommerce solutions, mailing and fulfillment, and marketing services.
Strength in Leadership
What makes Sheridan the go-to printer for the publishing industry are our services and our people. We’re led by some of the top innovators in the printing industry, all of whom provide a solid foundation by which we can serve our customers extremely well and continue to grow.
We Have Fun
- We fill our organization with great people
- We find joy and pride in work done well
- We enjoy and celebrate our success
- We have a positive and optimistic environment
- We create opportunities and make time to enjoy a good laugh
We Develop People
- We hire, train, and retain quality people
- Our employees are key stakeholders who should enjoy their work
- We have high expectations of each other
- We provide opportunities for employees to advance and grow
- We seek out and mentor emerging leaders
- We drive out fear of failure
- We recognize individual and team accomplishments
We Have Integrity
- We are honest and up-front in dealing with each other
- We show respect and courtesy to one another and treat each other fairly
- We build trust among ourselves as well as our customers, suppliers, and communities
- We obey the law
- We make principle-based decisions
- We are committed to maintaining a safe workplace environment and safety-conscious culture
We are Cost Conscious
- A dollar saved is a dollar earned
- We believe that every process can be improved
- We eliminate unnecessary waste or outlay
- We aggressively pursue the best deal through strong supplier partnerships
- We reinvest our profits in people, new technology, and equipment
We are Growth Oriented & Customer Focused
- We are entrepreneurial in our approach; growth is our oxygen
- We are open to new requirements that support increased sales
- We nurture customer relationships
- We provide superior products, services, and solutions to our customers
- We do what we promise and always act in the best interest of the customer
- We take calculated risks for large opportunities
We are Problem Solvers
- We solve problems for our clients
- We embrace internal issues as opportunities for improvement
- We will find a way to accomplish anything
- We Identify, Discuss, and Solve issues
Our environmental practices—
doing our part to improve the world in which we live.
Sheridan identifies and implements environmentally friendly practices as appropriate and routinely reviews operations in an effort to reduce our environmental impact. We:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations as required by local, state, and federal factions.
- Source printing papers from responsible mills and distributors that are certified with at least one certification from an independent third-party verification.
- Make ongoing efforts to reduce our carbon footprint, reuse energy and resources, minimize waste during the manufacturing process and recycle 100% of scraps, trash, cartridges, equipment, and solvents whenever possible.
- Ensure that no unfair or child labor has been used to produce the raw materials that we purchase.
- Secure materials from sources that provide fair and acceptable working conditions for the employees of our suppliers and their suppliers.
- Work to identify potential environmental risks and implement appropriate means to control such risks.
- Make efforts to educate our employees, customers, and suppliers about environmental issues relevant to the industry.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for awareness and control of environmental issues relating to their specific jobs.