Job #:DJS 1211
Sheridan Company:Dartmouth Journal Services, Waterbury, Vermont
Statement of Purpose:
Performs production management duties, from copyedit review through release to press. To provide direction to Assistants and support for the account team.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Contact author/editorial office for missing elements or substandard materials.
- For outsourced copyediting: Work with team to prioritize assignments. Review copyediting by freelancers, resolve queries and provide feedback as necessary.
- For in-house copyediting: Edit manuscript per specific journal style. Resolve editing and art queries with author and editor.
- Review incoming advertising materials and resolve queries/problems.
- Track materials (mss, art, ads, etc) at article and issue stages with Assistant support as needed. Maintain pertinent internal and customer databases.
- Prepare electronic files and associated materials for composition and/or imaging.
- Perform pre-compile and compile duties. Review author and editor corrections and revised art. Clarify instructions for composition and scanning. Review article and issue revisions. Maintain updates of issue standing matter.
- Check offshore partners’ products for compliance with journals style and specifications. Review/QC image, cover and ad proofs as required. Resolve basic quality concerns.
- Correspond with authors, customer, offshore partner, manufacturer, online provider(s), etc, regarding schedules, special instructions and job status.
- Verify final files and prepare job release materials, including Closing Memo and notifications to manufacturing and online providers(s).
- Maintain procedures documentation, and contribute to ongoing workflow refinements.
- Responsible for training new staff
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or minimum 3 years editorial/composition/publishing and customer service experience.
- Organized and attentive to fine detail. Must be able to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills. Professional level of phone and email skills.
- Able to resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Good computer skills, including keyboarding, file management, databases, and experience with MS applications.
- Cooperative with other departments and personnel, and able to maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Understand journal style elements and production process.