Earth Day comes around once a year, serving as a reminder to all to be environmentally conscious. But what about our green practices the rest of the year? Sure, most of us do our part when we remember to recycle paper, cans, and plastic. By being environmentally conscious on a daily basis, we can help keep Earth clean for future generations. Did you know that investing in and partnering with companies that have green practices encourages other companies to think about how green their practices are? According to one study, 92% of consumers say a product or manufacturer’s environmental sustainability has some impact in their purchasing decisions.
At Sheridan, we are responsible and proactive in our approach to protect the environment. In striving to keep our environmental impact as small as possible, at our book manufacturing location in Michigan we:
- became Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) certified in June 2008.
- make efforts to reduce our carbon footprint, reuse energy and resources, and minimize waste during the manufacturing process.
- recycle 100% of paper scraps, trash, ink cartridges, plates, cardboard, etc.
- use only soy and vegetable oil based inks.
- provide our customers with recycled and FSC stocking paper options.
- obtain printing paper from mills/distributors that follow responsible forestry practices.
- meet or exceed all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
These represent just a few in a growing list of practices to which Sheridan MI adheres.
View the above information as an infographic – click the image below to view as a PDF.